Sheath Design and Construction
One of my durable handmade sheaths is included with each of my hunting knives and fillet knives.
Here are the features of my standard leather sheath:
- Crafted from durable 8-9 oz. or 9-10 oz. vegetable tanned carving leather
- Pouch-type construction, covering over half the knife’s handle (for 3/4 tang knives)
- Pouch sheath with flap that snaps down over the handle (for full tang knives
- Wet formed to the knife for a snug fit
- Finishing dip in neatsfoot oil for enhanced water resistance
If you would like extra stamping on your sheath (such as basket weave or other geometric stamping, or initials) I offer this at an additional cost.
You can also custom request a sheath in any of a number of styles that I offer. Prices for custom sheath work will vary according to selected options.
To see and read about more of the different styles of custom sheaths that we can build, go to my sheath gallery.
Please note that due to current time constraints, I am no longer offering a custom sheath building service for knives other than our own. I do continue to offer a full choice of our fine handmade sheaths in the variety of styles that you have come to appreciate - for our own knives only.
You can also learn how to make your own simple leather sheath following many of the steps that I use in my shop. I have put together a Make a Sheath Tutorial going into plenty of detail and including lots of photos.